Save the date: 7th International Symposium MBT & MRF 2017
16th - 18th of May 2017
Call for papers September 2016
Agenda and registration for audience will open in January 2017
6th International Symposium MBT, MRF & Recycling 2015
Energy and resources from MSW and organic waste
Conference and exhibition on mechanical biological waste treatment (MBT/AWT), waste sorting and recycling technology with multilingual simultaneous translation (English - French - German)
Having participants from up to 41 countries previously, Waste-to-Resources is world’s largest conference on MBT & MRF. Since 2013 it is a joint event of Wasteconsult international and the German association of MBT operators (ASA). The combination of conference, commercial exhibition and site visits will make Waste-to-Resources 2015 again a prime event for operators, authorities, consultants and technology providers. The conference will cover topics like
- Waste management strategies, source separated collection
- MBT & MRF in different countries
- Targets, legal aspects, boundary values
- Competition and material (waste) streams
- Functionality, economic efficiency & life cycle balance
- Experience with new and rebuilt plants
- New developments in machine and system engineering
- Anaerobic digestion of organic waste fractions
- Energy recovery by RDF power plants and more
- Conditioning, use and sale of MBT & MRF output fractions (e.g. RDF (refuse derived fuels), metals)
- Process control and analytics
- Emissions and their treatment
- Hydrothermal carbonization (HTC)
- Landfilling of MBT-waste
- MBt application for landfill mining
- Other interesting topics
Waste-to-Resources 2015 will be held in Hanover (Germany) from the 5th to 8th of May 2015.
Hanover has an international airport and is easy to reach by train, car and airplane.
For advertisement and endorsement please contact us!
Get registered in our conference mailing list by sending a formless email "enter list" to email@example.com
Special North America Workshop in 2015:
For participants coming from North America, there will be a special complimentary workshop from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on May 7, 2015. This workshop will be tailored for and limited to attendees from North America, and will be facilitated by John Carlton, P.E., BCEE, Senior Vice President of GBB and renowned MBT expert Dr. Matthias Kuehle-Weidemeier, CEO of the Germany-based waste treatment specialist Wasteconsult International, and supported by Michael Balhar, CEO of ASA GmbH. The workshop will feature a facilitated discussion on the following topics:
- The development of modern MBT systems and how they can reduce landfill input and aftercare costs;
- Insight into commercial MBT systems in Europe and how these systems could work in North America;
- Practical experience and lessons learned from operating MBT systems in Europe; and
- Implementing MBT processing as part of a North American integrated solid waste management system.
In addition, we have reserved time to discuss your specific operating systems or solid waste management strategies and brainstorm together the best way to incorporate MBT into your current or future plans. After attending this workshop, you’ll come away with the latest information on MBT and how it could play a role in helping you achieve your solid waste management goals.